I had been struggling to figure out what to write the past couple of days. As I sat here at my computer staring at the fruit floating around in my water bottle I decided why not share with you some of my favorite recipes I've discovered over the past couple months. Many people swear by infused water and green smoothies as diets and detoxes. While I won't argue that I know much about health and nutrition and the factors that these two practices have on them I find them quite refreshing. Green smoothies are great for mornings, especially if you have a busy schedule its a great substitute for prepping a breakfast and you can take it with you on your travels. Infused water I personally enjoy because its a healthy and natural substitute to harshly flavored and overly sweetened drinks available.
Infused Water: Keep in mind to let the water sit in the fridge for an hour before drinking, so if you plan on taking a large water bottle with you for a day make it the night before.
1. Cinnamon Pear Ginger Water: 1 sliced pear, 6 cinnamon sticks and some grated ginger
2. Summer in a Glass: 6 sliced strawberries, 1/4 sliced cucumber, handful of mint, 1 lime sliced
3. Detox Infusion: 1 cup rasberries, 1 large lemon cut into 1/2 inch slices, 2 dried Medjool dates
4. Fast Flush Detox: (1/2 gallon recipe) 1 orange sliced, 1 lime sliced, 1 lemon sliced, 1/3 cup grapes, 8 mint leaves. (1/2 cup rasberries optional)
5. Kiwi Mojito: 12 slices unpeeled cucumbers, 4 slices limes, 4 sprigs fresh mint, 2 kiwis, pinch of grated ginger
*1/3 cup sliced pineapple, 1/2 orange sliced, grated ginger
1. Farmer's Market Smoothie: 1 cup ripe cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch pieces; 1 cup kale, stemmed and coarsely chopped; 2 teaspoons flaxseeds or flaxseed meal; 1 ripe banana, peeled; 1/2 cup Medjool dates, quartered; 1 cup unsweetened black tea; 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger; 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice; 1/2 cup ice
2. Pineapple Express: 1/2 cup of cut pineapple, 2 handfuls of kale, juice of half a lime, 1/2 cup of coconut water, pinch of cayenne pepper, handful of ice
3.Santosha (Contentment): 4 gala apples, 5 stalks of celery, 1 large cucumber, 1 head of kale (4 or 5 stalks), 1 head of romaine lettuce
4. Thin Mint Smoothie: 3/4 cup nonfat Greek Yogurt; 1/4 cup fresh mint, tightly packed; 1 cup almond milk; 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips; 1 cup baby spinach; 1 tblspn maple syrup; 2 cups ice
5. Mango Lassi: 1 mango, peeled and coarsely chopped; 1 cup plain yogurt; 1/3 cup lactose free milk (personal preference, free to use any milk of your choice); 1 tblspn honey; pinch of salt; pinch of cardamom for garnish; sprinkle finely chopped pistachios (optional garnish)
*Dessert for Breakfast: 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk; 1/2 cup nonfat Greek Yogurt; 1 to 2 scoops of ice; 4 fresh figs, stems removed and cut in half; 1/2 banana; 1 date pitted; 1 tblspn honey; 1 tsp fresh lemon juice; dash of cinnamon
*I do not own any rights to these recipes*
What do you think of these recipes? Would you like to see more? Tell me what your favorite recipes are in the comment section below!